WarriorKind is a go to community that embraces mental health positively. We are a supportive and empowering mental health network showcasing real life Warrior stories and advocating healthy conversations around mental health. We are passionate about sharing our experiences with mental illness so that we can inspire others to know that they are not alone and that there is always the possibility of a positive outcome.
How does your organisation contribute to preventing suicide and supporting those affected by it?
WarriorKind has its own in-house production team and youtube channel where they produce and present authentic and thought-provoking content around mental health. The mini films consist of experts discussing the benefits of various therapies including art therapy, meditation for mental health, the science of anti-depressants….. On top of this we also showcase genuine Warrior stories where Warrior members speak openly about their triumphs over adversity under our #beawarrior campaign.
So far the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive with members going as far as saying that WarriorKind “saved them”.
What are your current priorities?
• Presenting real life Warrior stories with a positive outcome, so that viewers can relate, know that they’re not alone, and know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
• WarriorKind suicide awareness training, talking to vulnerable adults training, and mental health first aid training.
• Signposting members to the relevant support networks.
• An exclusive WarriorKind social media platform called the Warrior Hub where members can talk safely free of judgement and anonymously should they choose to.
• Profits from merchandise and advertising will go toward funding eligible members through treatment.
• Various wellbeing events
What challenges are you currently facing?
Reducing the stigma around mental illness and preventing suicides by creating thought provoking and relatable content around mental health.
Empowering, inspiring, and supporting members throughout their mental health journey.