Identifying and responding to suicide clusters
This PHE document is for people with responsibility for suicide prevention in local authorities and their partner agencies.
The document includes:
• The meaning of the term ‘suicide clusters’
• Identification of suicide clusters
• Suggestions for who may be at risk of suicidal acts due to the influence of other people’s suicidal behaviour
• The mechanisms involved in suicide clusters
• The effects of suicide on other individuals
The steps required at local level to prepare for a suicide cluster are described alongside suggested responses to possible suicide clusters.